Electrolyte imbalance killed a boy who was found in a suitcase in the woods of Indiana

Authorities say a kid discovered in a suitcase in rural Indiana last month died from an electrolyte imbalance likely caused by a gastrointestinal bug.

The youngster, who was 5 years old at the time of his death, had no substantial traumatic injuries and negative blood toxicology, an autopsy report showed.

The infant was dressed and clean when put in a "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" suitcase, the statement added.

According to the announcement, detectives discovered no proof he was alive.

Who placed him in the luggage and for how long are unknown.

Despite scores of leads, investigators haven't identified the youngster, a thin Black boy with short hair.

RUBY BARKER TALKS MENTAL HOSPITALIZATION